Pages

August 22, 2017

Okay, I'm Back

It's been almost ten weeks now. Just didn't feel like posting. Really ... I still don't. Too depressing to go into the news. It's like the America Mass Media has dropped it's draws and shown the world its ass. Fox News, go to bed. You throw a babe on the screen with nice teeth and tatas to read your crap and we're supposed to believe them.

 It's One America News from now on.

Idiots running amok in the streets and the police standing around with their thumbs permanently inserted up their - you know. When is the head busting and teeth bashing going to start?

American warships have been turned into bumper cars.

Obama's administration is like a curse that must be exorcised, ObamaCare ain't going away soon it seems despite what the lying RINOs have been promising for seven years..

There haven't been any additions to the US Border Patrol staffing but at least the flood has been diminished.

Europe is falling apart, piss on 'em. They should have known better than to let those savages in.

But I did like Trump's address last night. We are finally on a true war footing. I would like to see how the ROE have changed also. Killing assholes, busting their stuff and preventing resupply/recruitment is great strategery.

I rediscovered Twitter but that's just as goofy as anything else.

So here's what I did.
I am Mom's executor so I am putting together her estate. Fortunately we liquidated almost all of of her assets before she passed so there isn't much to probate. Last month we buried her ashes with Dad in the Calverton National Cemetery on eastern Long Island.

Then the next week the wife and I were up to Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks and I went fishing every day. Didn't catch much but don't care. My daughter and SIL also spent the week at another cabin close by. Our oldest daughter and her kids also dropped by and spent a day and night with us.

I have bought two new fishing rods/reels, some tasty lures and got a new tackle box for Father's Day. The old box  (25+ years old) smelled like nasty feet. I should get my collapsible rod in the mail today. I haven't done much fishing in a long time and got a lot of catching up to do.

I have been taking my 7 yr old grandson fishing. He's turned into a fanatic. I just wish he'd stop talking for ten minutes, but fishing and juice boxes do go well together. I wear my San Angelo TX cowboy hat when I fish.

There are huge carp in Onondaga Lake and I wanna get one. They pulled a 47 pounder out a few years ago. This October there is a carp contest on the lake that draws international attention. I have been thinking of getting a small boat but there's no where to store it on our property. Still, I am cruising Craig'sList and other boat sale sites. Maybe my SIL will let me keep it on the side of his house... End of fishing stuff.

I finally fixed the water damage to our bedroom ceiling. Had to cut out a large section but it looks great. Now to repaint all the bedrooms and install carpeting for our new bedroom set. We're thinking of selling the house and getting something smaller. We have a three story, 4 bedroom house, 3000 square feet heated, located on a steep hill and I'm not getting any younger.

We're not sure about leaving NY. We love our church and all our friends and grandkids are here. Thinking about building an in-law apt or add-on when the middle daughter buys a house, then getting something very small in NC. Decisions, decisions.

Army girl is now in Germany for six weeks. Thank God, we thought she was going to Iraq but her bosses changed her assignment. She loves her work in the KNG but the 8 hour drive to Lexington once a month is hard. Our youngest daughter leaves for Paris in late September to do a jewelery show for her boss. I've warned her to stay with lots of sane people because Paris is full of savages who should have stayed in their third world shitholes.

Just before we left MD in mid June I was going through some of Mom's stuff before it goes to Goodwill and I found my Dad's old wooden shoe shine box. Starting when I was about 10 years old he would have me shine his shoes for work every evening after dinner. That was almost 60 years ago. For some stupid reason I have been thinking about that box for decades, ever since he died in 1990. It still has polish and his brushes in it. Mom kept it with her. I got it now in my bedroom.

That's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me!

15 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

I have been waiting for your return...for your wit and wisdom. You have been sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers were with you all along. Welcome back friend.

Diogenes Sarcastica™ said...

Welcome Back Sig. God Bless You Man.

LindaG said...

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Killing assholes, busting their stuff and preventing resupply/recruitment is great strategy. That is all we should ever be doing when we send troops in harms way. I, too, loved the President's speech last night.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working, and all that. Fishing with family always takes precedence to blogging. Enjoy it, even with the grandson talking too much. Maybe no one listened before. Don't forget the gum!
A friend of the family who used to take me fishing when I was growing up, always said to wear a hat and chew gum. Because if you didn't hold your mouth right, you wouldn't catch fish. Hah!

That shoe shine box is a real treasure. I am glad your mom kept it and you found it.

Be safe and God bless.

Jim said...

My new reel and rod did come in the mail today. Got to try it out maybe this weekend. Or then again, maybe tomorrow?

LindaG said...

If you're retired, Jim, then every day is the weekend. :-)

Doom said...

The stories, Sig. Good ones and those are life. Not difficult to stay.

It's a tough gig, the mom thing. Love the way you are doing it, by the way. A+

oldnorthstate said...

Downsizing and leaving NY could do wonders for you. We left 29 years ago and have lived and thrived in coastal NC ever since. Your large house could suddenly become an overwhelming burden as you age.

My in-laws were living on tea and toast with a refrigerator full of long expired food in a multi-level house with granny nearly unable to get up stairs. Pops said he would only go out in a body bag. We killed the mice, packed them up, and they've been in assisted living for a decade. He is 91, she is 96. The moral of the story is to downsize before it becomes a burden. You won't regret it. Besides, if Cuomo was my governor-I would not sleep well at night. Just the words-SAFE Act compliant-makes me wretch.

Try some live minnows. You can catch fish even when they won't take lures. One rod with minnow while you are casting a lure can lead to big fun.

There are lots of corn meal dough ball recipes on line for carp. I caught one nearly 40 pounds in the lower Hudson near Piermont on ultralite tackle using doughballs-what a fight!

oldnorthstate said...

Forgot to mention-we have something in common. Both our daughter and son-in-law were active duty Army Captains. They were deployed to the Afghan sand and dustbox at the same time and are now in Reserves. Both patriots and high achievers. Uncle Sam paid their student loans and both got master degrees online while in service. I am in awe of them both.

Kid said...

Been there too Sig. Glad you back even part way. News? I'm down to OAN (which does not update enough to separate itself from paint drying) and Washingtontimes.com
That's it.

When Fox hired marie harf, I put a curse on them and will never see them again, not that I did anyway, though I will not when mad has Hannity on - he does seem on target lately.

Just don't need all the gossip and speculation. For me, it is let me know when something happens. Or doesn't that should have.

Trump's Phoenix speech. Best Ever. Plain Talk - what American government was designed to be. Plain talk tot the people.

Kid said...

PS - Germany is also full of savages. Not much news gets out, so you must rely on locals to get the skinny.

sig94 said...

LindaG - I'm thinking of that old Gene Autry song, "Back in the saddle again."

sig94 said...

Doom - when they're gone all you have left is memories.

sig94 said...

oldnorth - I don't think we'll ever be in that situation, God willing! NYS is really pissing me off. My in-laws wanted to move years before they died but their only child, my wife, and their only grandkids were here. My FIL hated the winters and I am feeling the same way. The wife will have the final say... but I really like the Fayetteville area where our daughter lives. And I get a kick out of seeing guys open carry.

sig94 said...

Kid - yeah, OAN can be very repetitious but I'm so sick of FOX opinions, hyperactive anchors, people talking/yelling over each other and bimbos.

Germany is also chock full of idiots but she'll be on a base for the most part and should be very very busy. She has great situational awareness so I'm not too concerned.

Kid said...

Yea, TV news is 95% gossip, 95% speculation and 5% news, which they all spin.

Again, washingtontimes is decent. And some good commentors. The tards are easy to spot and block using the disqus feature.